Sunday, June 8, 2008

Baptism

Elijah was baptized today! We felt so loved and blessed to be surrounded by such great friends and family. Josh's family all drove up from Iowa to Elijah did amazing at the service. He didn't cry until midway through the service, and then mid-sermon he fell asleep... like some people wish they could.

His godparents are Kevin and Abbie Smith (great friends of ours) and Jennifer and Cal Burr (Josh's sister & husband). They're GREAT! He wore the same baptismal gown that my brother and I wore when we were baptized. My grandmother and godmother (Bee and Gail Bichlmeir) made it for me, and we shared it among the family. It was so cool to have Elijah baptized in it too. I know he'll grow into a great man of God someday. It's our promise to raise him in the Christian faith, surrounded by a community of believers who will help him grow in Christ.

After the service we had people over for lunch to celebrate. Elijah was overwhelmed with all the people that were in his house and cried a lot more than usual... but I guess I'd be cranky too if I woke up to 20 strangers in my house. Grandma and Grandpa got some good baby time in later in the evening when mom and dad went to play some music in the park. It was a long day!

No comments: