Saturday, March 22, 2008

What's the deal dad?


We tried to wake the little guy up to eat a bit more. He said, "Are you serious dad? Can't you see I'm sleeping here?"

Thoughts from the hospital room...

Gail is recovering well and feeling good, but very tired. I can't imagine why. With the way things shook down yesterday, I ended up getting to hold him for nearly the entire first hour of his life. I talked to him, he looked at me... it was the most incredible experience of my life (and maybe I'm being presumptive here, but I think at the time, it was the most incredible moment of his life, too!).

He was either peacefully awake or peacefully sleeping for the whole day. I got to hold him as I walked around the room and I sang him Derek Webb, Dan Wilson, and U2 songs. It was absolutely wonderful. He woke up to have a snack around 1:15 a.m. We expected an eat-and-go-back-to-sleep moment... but he had other plans. He decided that he'd had enough of this sleeping and it was time to meet the world... so he stayed up until 6 a.m.! That's our son, the night owl.

Friday. 7:55 a.m. My wife and my son are lying together fast asleep. It is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

It is Good Friday today,. As I tried to read the story in Luke's Gospel, I think that in this room, Jesus is more in a turn-water-into-wine-lets-celebrate kind of a mood.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

OH MY GOODNESS! i cannot get over how adorable all of you are. josh, thank you so much for putting this blog up. it helps all of us around the country not feel so far away. have a blast with your new little guy. i cannot wait to meet him!

~nicole and jon